Last Updated on June 5, 2023
If you’re an influencer or a marketer on Instagram, you know that posting content at the right time is crucial for reaching your target audience and maximizing your engagement rates. So, now the question is, what is the best time to post on Instagram? The answer is complex, as it depends on several factors. Important ones are your audience demographics, location, and behavior patterns. However, you can find the best timing for your business by analyzing your Instagram Insights and experimenting with different posting times.
Here, we will discuss why finding the best posting time on Instagram matters and provide you with practical tips and insights to determine the best time to post for your business. We’ll also cover the best time to post for likes and comments, reels, and the best times to post on Instagram by day and location. So, let’s dive in!
Related: Best time to post on Tiktok 2023
Why Does Finding the Best Time to Post on Instagram Matter?
Instagram’s algorithm is designed to prioritize content that generates high engagement rates. That’s why posting at the right time can significantly impact your engagement rates, reach, and overall performance on the platform. Conversely, suppose you post when your target audience is inactive. In that case, your content is less likely to get noticed, and you may miss out on valuable opportunities to connect with your followers and grow your account.
Moreover, Instagram’s algorithm considers how quickly your content gets engagement after posting. If your post receives many likes and comments and saves shortly after posting, it signals to Instagram that your content is of high quality and relevance, and it will be more likely to show it to more people.
Therefore, finding the best time to post on Instagram can help you improve your increase your reach and engagement rates and build a loyal following. How can you determine the best time to post for your business? Let’s find out.
How to Find the Best Time to Post on Instagram For Your Business?
You must understand your audience’s behavior and preferences to find the best time to post on Instagram for your business. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Use Instagram Insights: Instagram Insights provides valuable data about your audience demographics, location, and behavior patterns. Analyzing this data lets you determine when your audience is most active and engaged. To access Instagram Insights, go to your profile, tap on the three lines in the top right corner, and select Insights.
- Experiment with different posting times: Once you have gathered insights about your audience’s behavior, experiment with posting at different times of the day and week. Monitor your engagement rates for each post and track which posting times generate the most likes, comments, and shares.
- Consider time zones: If your target audience is in different time zones, you may need to adjust your posting times accordingly. For instance, if your audience is mostly in the US but you’re based in Europe, you may want to post early in the morning or late at night to reach them when they’re most active.
- Test your results: Keep tweaking your posting times to see what works best for your audience. Remember that Instagram’s algorithm constantly changes, so what works today may not work tomorrow.
By following these tips, you can determine the best time to post on Instagram for your business. However, remember that the optimal posting time may vary depending on your goals, content type, and target audience. So, let’s explore some of the best times to post on Instagram for likes and comments, reels, by day, and by location.
Related: Best time to post on Linkedin
When is the Best Time to Post on Instagram for Likes and Comments?
Weekday afternoons and evenings are the best time to post on Instagram for likes and comments. According to a recent study by Sprout Social, the optimal posting times are:
- Monday: 6 PM
- Tuesday: 11 AM and 2 PM
- Wednesday: 11 AM
- Thursday: 11 AM and 2 PM
- Friday: 10 AM
However, remember that these times may vary depending on your audience’s behavior and location. Therefore, it’s essential to experiment with different posting times and track your engagement rates to determine the optimal timing for your business.
Related: Best time to post on Twitter
Best Time to Post Reels on Instagram
Reels have become an increasingly popular content format on Instagram, and posting them at the right time can help you maximize your reach and engagement. According to a recent study by Later, the best time to post reels on Instagram is during the weekday afternoons and evenings, similar to regular posts. The optimal posting times are:
- Monday: 5 PM
- Tuesday: 9 AM and 11 AM
- Wednesday: 5 PM
- Thursday: 9 AM and 11 AM
- Friday: 7 AM
It’s also worth noting that reels have a longer lifespan than regular posts, so they can continue to generate engagement and views over time. Therefore, posting reels at the right time can help you reach a broader audience and boost your overall performance on the platform.
Related: Best time to post on Facebook
Best Times to Post on Instagram by Day
The best time to post on Instagram can also vary by day, depending on your audience’s behavior and preferences. Here are some general guidelines for the best times to post on Instagram by day:
- Monday Timing – 6 AM, 10 AM, and 10 PM
- Tuesday Timing – 2 AM, 4 AM, and 9 AM
- Wednesday Timing – 7 AM, 8 AM, and 11 PM
- Thursday Timing – 9 AM, 12 PM, and 7 PM
- Friday Timing – 5 AM, 1 PM, and 3 PM
- Saturday Timing – 11 AM, 7 PM, and 8 PM
- Sunday Timing – 7 AM, 8 AM, and 4 PM
Remember that these times are not set in stone and may vary depending on your audience’s behavior patterns and location. Therefore, it’s essential to experiment with different posting times and track your engagement rates to determine the optimal timing for your business.
When is the Best Time to Post on Instagram by Location?
Audience location is crucial for good engagement. For instance, if your target audience is mostly in the US, you can post during the daytime in their respective time zones. However, if your audience is in different countries, you may need to adjust your posting times accordingly.
To determine the best time to post on Instagram by location, you can use Instagram Insights to gather data about your audience’s location and time zone. You can also use third-party tools like Hopper HQ, which analyzes your followers’ activity patterns and suggests the best times to post based on your location and niche.
Here is a table of the best times to post on Instagram by location, according to Hopper HQ:
|Time Zone||Best Posting Times|
|EST||Weekdays at 9am and 2pm EST|
|CST||Weekdays at 9am and 2pm PST
|GMT||Weekdays at 10am and 5pm GMT|
|AEDT||Weekdays at 10am and 2pm AEDT|
|JST||Weekdays at 9am and 12pm JST